Python has grown to be one of the most used programming languages globally in recent times. It is used for every aspect of machine learning, from coding to creating web pages and even software tests. Since it is a beginner programming language; therefore, it can be used by anybody (non-developers and developers).
Python is among the most used programming languages on the planet and has been the source of everything from Netflix’s algorithm for recommendation to the software used to control autonomous cars. Python is a general-purpose language that means that it’s built for use in a wide range of applications, including data science, software and web development, automation, and general getting things accomplished.
Let’s look at the basics of what Python is and what it can do, and how to start to learn it.
Table of Contents
What is Python?
Python is a programming language commonly used to create sites and programs, automate tasks, and analyze data. Python is a general-purpose language, which means it can be used to build many different kinds of software programs, and it isn’t explicitly designed to solve any particular problem. This versatility, along with its beginner-friendliness, has made it one of the most-used programming languages today. An analysis discovered it to be the second most used programming language for developers in 2020.
What is Python used for?
Python is widely used to develop websites and programs for task automation, data analysis, and visualization of data. Because it’s relatively simple to master, Python has been adopted by many non-programmers, such as scientists and accountants, to perform a range of daily tasks, such as organizing financial records.
Let’s take a look at some of the most common ways Python is utilized.
Machine learning and data analysis
Python is now a standard in data science that allows the data analyst or other specialists to utilize the language to carry out complex statistical calculations, visualize data, develop machine learning programs, process and analyze data, and perform various other related tasks data.
Python can create various data visualizations such as bar and line charts, pie charts, histograms, and 3D plots. Python also includes a range of libraries that let programmers write applications to analyze data and machine learning more rapidly and efficiently, including TensorFlow and Keras.
Python is commonly employed to create the backend of an application or website–the areas that the user can’t see. The role of Python in web development could be as diverse as sending information to servers and back processing data, communicating via databases and URLs, and ensuring security. Python provides a variety of frameworks to help you develop your web, and the most popular ones are Django and Flask.
A few web development jobs using Python include backend engineers, full-stack engineers, Python developers, software engineers, and DevOps engineers.
Automation or scripting
If you find yourself doing an activity over and over time, you can work more efficiently by automatizing it using Python. Writing the code needed to create these automated procedures is known as scripting. In programming, automation is used to find errors in several files, convert files, perform simple maths, and even eliminate duplicates from data.
Beginners also use Python to automatize basic tasks on computers, such as renaming files or files, searching and downloading content from the internet, or sending texts or emails at the time you want.
Python isn’t just for programmers and data scientists, and it is also a great way to get started. Python opens up new opportunities for those working in more minor data-intensive professions like small business owners, journalists, or people who market on social media. Python can also allow non-programmers to streamline specific tasks within their lives. Here are some of the things that can be automated with Python:
- Monitor future casting of weather.
- You can send yourself a text message reminding you to bring grocery stuff at all times when it’s needed.
- Make sure you have updated your grocery list
- Pass number to convert in an array.
- Converting text files into spreadsheets
- Sending an email to anybody without login to an email server.
- Making changes to Excel files without even opening Excel.
Why is Python so popular?
Python is well-known for numerous reasons. Let’s take a closer review of the factors that make it so flexible and simple to use by coders.
- It uses an easy syntax similar to natural language, which makes it simpler to read and comprehend. This makes it faster to create projects and more accessible to enhance the ones you have.
- It’s versatile. Python can be utilized for various purposes, from web development to machine learning.
- It’s user-friendly for beginners, making it a popular choice for beginners who want to learn to program.
- This open-source software means it’s available for free use and distribution for commercial use.
- Python’s collection of libraries and modules–bundles of Python code users from third parties have created to extend Python’s capabilities — is vast and expanding.
- Python is home to a vast and engaged community that contributes to Python’s library and modules and is an aid to another programming. The enormous support community means that if programmers encounter an issue that isn’t clear and needs to find a solution, it’s relatively simple; someone will likely have previously experienced the same problem.
If you find anything incorrect in the above-discussed topic and have further questions, please comment below.